Unity in the Community, Inc.
Community Service Scholarship
1. Unity in the Community will award 20 scholarships in the amount of $1,000.00 to male or female students who are graduating from Plant City, Durant, Strawberry Crest, or Simmons Career Center and planning to go on to a community college or four year institution in the United States for work towards
a Bachelor's Degree or an accredited trade or technical school.
2. The applicant must have a grade point average of not less 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
3. the applicant must have completed a minimum of 75 hours of community service.
4. In addition to academic accomplishments, community service, the ability to communicate orally and in writing, and financial need will be considered in determining the recipient of the scholarship..
5. Plant City, Durant, Strawberry Crest, and Simmons Career Center staff will select a maximum of six applicants from their respective school and submit the applications to Unity in the Community for the final scholarship selection.
6. A Unity in the Community committee will review the applications of the pre-screened students, interview the applicants, and select winners and alternates.
7. The recipient of the scholarship must use it during the academic year following completion of course work at Plant City, Durant, Strawberry Crest, or Simmons Career Center. The recipient must attend the awards recognition meeting to acknowledge being chosen for the scholarship. If a winner does not fulfill these requirements, the scholarship will be awarded to an alternate.